Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tilt Shift photo

Aloha,

I've been a Photoshop user for years and in fact I use it almost every day. But I am constantly amazed at the things people are able to create using it.  I saw an Allstate Insurance commercial on TV that talked about multiple things that could be in need of insurance. Now everyone knows how much they hate insurance but one thing about the commercial struck me was the way they made the opening scene look like it was a composite of live action and miniature sets. I did a quick search and found a way to recreate that same miniature effect using Photoshop on an image. Here's the a link to the TV commercial - Multiples http://www.allstate.com/Allstate/content/refresh-videos/AA_Multiples.wmv

Tiltshift picture
It's a pretty tripy effect and the same effect can be created for photos using the techniques in the following tutorial: http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/howto_make_tiltshift_picture

"Show us your Lark packs." That's another commercial and maybe the topic for another entry..

No comments:

Post a Comment